Cut-Away View of our Helical Elements Construction
- Exterior PVC or TA exclusive MPQ2000 special space age covering provides the most rugged yet flexible HT antenna available today.
- A synthetic rubber dip provides a weather seal, as well as a dielectric constant and a mechanical web effect between the coils of the spring preventing any distortion of the coil. When heated it bonds to the outer covering.
- Highly efficient copper plated radiating elements are used to maximize power to communicate, unlike un-plated elements that have high resistance to RF energy and cause dielectric losses.
- Tuned Antenna bases are all flow soldered, assuring excellent electrical connection, plus double protection at the point of maximum stress. The universal bases are all nickel plated brass, not steel, preventing dissimilar metal oxidation or rust. Our antenna bases accept 14 different connectors: BNC,TNC, etc.
- A Black Delron insulator is used for extra strength in all BNC, TNC, Kenwood connectors, as well as GE-PE, MPR and Repco adapters.
- A solid machined brass pin is used in all our connectors for extra strength and attaches through the insulator to the base of the antenna, making a positive electrical connection, as well as a mechanical connection.
Consistent Top Performance For Your Hand Held Radio
- Maximum Power....50 Watts
Frequency Range..118-932 MHz
Impedance....Matched to the portable
Specialized tuning available.
- Dipped in synthetic rubber to seal and webb coil, preventing distortion.
- 1. PVC covering 2. Mil-Spec MPQ-2000, a solvent and acid covering.
- Helical wound hardened steel wire, copper plated for lower resistance and higher velocity.
- 125 dia high carbon steel, bias-wound flexible shaft core-plated.
- Universal bases antenna system. One antenna fits any of 14 different connectors and mobile mounts.